Plumbing problem can be a real nightmare. Most of the homeowners try to get rid of the clogged drains by themselves. Though doing it yourself is possible, but if the clog is really bad, you will just end up wasting your time and energy. At Santos Water, we offer drain snaking services throughout the GTA. Our experienced plumbers will take care of all your plumbing needs at competitive prices. With our drain snaking service, we will prevent clogs and materials stuck in the pipes. We have the latest tools to remove even the bad clogs in a short time.
What is Drain Snaking?
A drain snake, also popularly known as the plumbing snake or drain auger, is a long wire either made of steel that is pushed deep into the drain pipe using a motor to unclog the pipes. Drain snaking can be applied to a variety of areas, like:
- Toilet Drain
- Kitchen Drain
- Laundry Drain
- Bathtub Drain
- Main Drain
- Sewer Drain
Snaking a Toilet Drain
A toilet drain may suffer from clogging due to some solid debris or clutter in the pipe. Blockage of a drain pipe in a toilet makes the matters inconvenient. It is because every time a person uses the washroom, the water might overflow bringing filthy water on the toilet floor. One can simply use a snake to remove the blockage in the drain and provide a clear path for the water to flow.
Snaking a Kitchen Drain
Kitchen drains often get blocked because kitchen waste gets accumulated in the pipe. In order to get rid of a clogged kitchen drain, snaking is a great option. For that, one needs to unscrew the p-trap and then shove the snake into the drain.
Maintenance Tips to Clean the Drain
- Once a week, run hot water for at least one minute down your drain. It helps a lot to remove scum and sediments clinging to the sides of the pipe.
- In drains for toilets, cover the overflow opening of the sink before you push in the snake.
- Maintain a garbage disposal bin in your kitchen to collect your garbage waste. Don’t just leave it in the sink to go through the drain pipe.
- Avoid using commercial cleaners for drains as they are caustic and can burn your eyes. In case you pour one down the drain, then do not plunge the drain.
- Refrain from the use of compressed air to clear blockages from your drainpipes as it can cause damage to the pipes in case the compressed air blasts.
A drain pipe that is totally blocked can damage the property and pose health risks for people. Even partially blocked pipes are a reason of nuisance as they result in slow drainage. In order to clear the blockage, structures known as cleanouts of appropriate design and size should be installed in the drainage system.
Why You Should Go for Santos Plumbing Service?
- Swift Working:We have a large fleet of vehicles, ready to be dispatched throughout the GTA region. Our working procedures are fast and we can repair your drain in record-time.
- Experienced Professionals: People working with us are fully licensed and trained to handle any possible problem related to drainage and plumbing. These plumbers are experienced and trusted by hundreds of households in Toronto.
- Effective Machinery: Our employees have the right equipment and knowledge to deal with any kind of blocked drain. Our state-of-the-art hydro-jetting systems can work efficiently on any clogged drain making the drain resistant to any further clogs.
- Drain Repair: Be it the inspection of drain by a camera or any other kind of repair and replacement – we can handle them all.
- 24/7 Availability: A blocked drain can pop up at any time. Therefore, we are available 24X7 to fix it. Feel free to call us anytime for a drain emergency.
- Underground Repairs: When we are talking about underground repairs, then digging is inevitable. However, our digging practices make sure that we protect your property as well as solving the problem. Trenchless repairs are also available.
- Great Pricing: The charges for our plumbing services are very reasonable and the final costs do not have any kind of hidden fees.
Don't hesitate to call us if you need drain repairs. We specialize in these fixes.
Santos Water Service & Drain has years of experience in treating blocked drains. Our effective solutions will treat smudge filled drains efficiently and effectively present in both residential and commercial areas in Toronto. We are known for our quality workmanship, flexible working hours and skilled technical team. You can rely on us for everything related to your plumbing and drainage system. You can say goodbye to your worries.